What is a mouth ulcer?
Mouth ulcers are small sores that form on your gums, lips, inner cheeks, palate, or tongue. They can be caused by several things, like small wounds, changes in hormones, or emotional stress. Mouth ulcers are not communicable diseases, It goes away on their own. However, Mouth ulcer treatment is available, which is used to heal your ulcer and ease the pain and discomfort.
Mouth ulcer symptoms
Depending on the cause, mouth ulcer symptoms include:
- Sores on the mouth lining.
- Swelling around the sores.
- Pain sensation makes it hard to chew or brush your teeth.
- Salty, spicy, or sour foods can make the sores worse.
- A loss of appetite.
What causes mouth ulcers?
No one recognizes the reasons for mouth ulcers. But several things can cause the formation of these sores:
- A cavity filling can cause minor tissue harm.
- Biting your cheek or tongue by accident.
- Allergic reaction to some bacteria.
- Using braces or retainers
- Vitamin deficiencies.
- Using toothpaste that is too rough.
- Eat many acidic foods, like oranges, pineapples, and strawberries.
- When you get your period, your hormones change.
- Not enough sleep.
- Infections (viral, bacterial, fungal).
Mouth ulcer treatment
Most ulcer sores in the mouth do not require treatment. But if you cause mouth ulcers frequently, there are several ways to treat and heal faster. These things are:
- Rinse mouth with salt water and baking soda
- Put milk of magnesia on the ulcer in the mouth
- Putting baking soda paste on mouth ulcers
- Putting ice on sores on the mouth
- Using a mouthwash with a steroid to cut down on pain and swelling
- Applying topical pastes
- Tea bags on the mouth ulcer
- Taking vitamins and minerals like folic acid, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12, and zinc as a supplement
There are furthermore home remedies for mouth ulcers you can try also.
If all these treatments for mouth ulcers are not affecting your oral ulcer then consult your doctor he/she will prescribe you medicines like gel or tablet. He/she may also prescribe you a multivitamin tablet because mouth ulcers are caused due to deficiency of vitamins also:
1. Smilo Mouth Ulcer Gel-ct
The Smilogel-CT Mouth Ulcer Gel is a combination of two medicines: Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine.
Choline Salicylate is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory substance (NSAID). It acts by inhibiting the release of pain- and inflammation-causing chemical messengers (prostaglandins). Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic. It blocks pain impulses from the nerves to the brain, reducing the sense of pain.
So, it helps with pain, discomfort, and inflammation, like redness, swelling, or a burning feeling in the mouth.
2. Orasore Mouth Ulcer Tablet
The Orasore Mouth Ulcer Tablet contains Riboflavin, Folic acid, Niacinamide, and Lactic Acid Bacillus. It is a multivitamin tablet used to reduce the pain, redness, and swelling of mouth ulcers.
3. Fitgel Mouth Ulcer Gel
Fitgel Mouth Gel is a pain reliever called an analgesic. It contains Choline Salicylate, which belongs to the NSAID category. It is used to treat mouth ulcers, which hurt, irritate, and make the mouth swell up.
4. Orasore Mouth Ulcer Relief Gel
Orasore Mouth Ulcer Relief Gel is a combination of Choline Salicylate, Lignocaine, and Benzalkonium Chloride with Glycerine and Spearmint. It takes away the pain and irritation caused by mouth ulcers in just 2 minutes.
It also helps with the pain and swelling of ulcers and keeps them from getting worse by killing bacteria.
5. B Complex (omega) Capsule
Omega B Complex capsules are a dietary supplement used to treat vitamin B deficiency. Vitamins B complex plays a vital role in the treatment of mouth ulcers.
6. Becosules Z Capsule
Becosules Z capsules are used to boost the immune system, treat mouth ulcers and a sore tongue, and prevent colds.
The above-mentioned are the best medicines that help you to heal and relieve painful and troubling mouth ulcers. So, you can buy these medicines from the nearest medical store or you can order these medicines online from Truemeds. Truemeds offers up to 72% discount on all OTC and prescription medicine. They are also offering PAN India free delivery on orders above INR 500. Don’t forget to check their coupons on online medicines.